Waking up in a good mood helps you kickstart your day and stay on track. However, your early morning mood can easily be spoiled by an alarm that’s too loud that it jolts you awake or too soft that you end up missing it. This could be because you selected from the default alarm tones found on your device or used third-party alarm apps.
Luckily, if you use Spotify, you can easily address this issue by setting your favorite songs on Spotify as your alarm on iPhone and Android. The process is simple, and the Spotify alarm clock will work exactly like the default alarm system on your device.
So if you want a more uplifting morning experience, this article is perfect for you!
Part 1. Best Way to Use Spotify Song as Alarm on Any Device
If you are wondering how to set your iPhone alarm clock as Spotify or how to set Spotify songs as an alarm on Android, then we have you covered. Below, we give you the best ways you can effectively use Spotify songs as your alarm on any device.
1.1. Convert Spotify Songs to MP3
First, you can use a Spotify song as an alarm tune by downloading and converting it to MP3. Spotify allows premium users to save songs and play them while offline. However, you cannot transfer those songs to other devices or use them for other purposes like alarms or ringtones. This is where a third-party Spotify music converter comes in handy.
One of the best third-party apps you can download and convert your Spotify songs is DRmare Spotify Music Converter. It is a highly optimized music downloader that can download over 70 million songs and convert them to any file format like MP3, FLAC, WAV, and AAC.
After downloading, you can use the song as your alarm tone. The best part is that you will not notice any dip in audio quality since this app converts songs with lossless quality.
To convert Spotify songs to MP3 using DRmare, follow the steps below:
- Download and install the DRmare Spotify Music Converter on your computer.
- Launch DRmare and the Spotify app on your computer.
- Next, drag a Spotify song from the Spotify app to the DRmare interface. Or copy the link to the song and paste it into the search bar of DRmare.
- After that, click on the menu icon at the top corner beside the minimize icon. Then, select Preferences.
- Now, select the Output Format, the Bitrate, Channel, and other audio parameters.
- Lastly, click on Convert to start the process.
Once the app downloads and converts the song into an MP3 file format, you can connect your smartphone and transfer it there. You can also batch download large playlists from Spotify in just a few clicks using DRmare Spotify Music Converter.
1.2. Set the Converted Spotify Song as an Alarm on iPhone
After downloading a song in MP3 format, your next step is to use the iPhone alarm clock with Spotify songs. It is a simple process, just follow the instructions below:
- First, open the clock on your iPhone.
- Next, tap on the alarm icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Then, tap Edit at the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Now, select the alarm you want to use on the Edit Alarm screen.
- On the following screen, select Sound > Pick a Song. This will take you to your music library.
- From your music library, you can select the song that you converted from Spotify.
- Once you are done choosing an alarm sound, tap Save to confirm the new changes.
Test if the process worked by setting an alarm for a short duration. The song that you selected should start playing once your alarm activates. You can also go back to the alarm settings and change songs whenever you want. Keep using DRmare Spotify Music Converter to save more songs so you can use Spotify as alarm on iPhone for free.
1.3. Set the Spotify Song as an Alarm on Android Phone
Now, let’s talk about how to set Spotify songs as an alarm on Android. Once you’re done downloading and converting music into an MP3 format from Spotify, follow the instructions below to set the audio file as an alarm:
- First, transfer the songs in MP3 file format to your Android smartphone.
- Next, launch the clock app and tap on the alarm that you want to change.
- Under the alarm details, tap on the bell icon. This is the alarm sound section.
- On the following screen, tap on the + Add New button.
- Next, tap the three lines icon at the top left corner of the screen. Then, select Audio.
- From the audio on phone section, browse and select your chosen downloaded MP3 song as your alarm tone.
Like before, ensure that the alarm tone was changed successfully with a test alarm. The song you chose should start playing once the alarm activates.
1.4. Set the Spotify Song as an Alarm on Google Home
When it comes to managing your home products, Google Home is a lifesaver. Using Google Home, you can control your Google Nest, Google WiFi, Chromecast, and other home products. As a result, you can give your home a smart touch and manage your family’s daily routines.
Note: Before you proceed, you need to convert the Spotify songs into local MP3 files so your device can access them offline.
One of the fantastic features of Google Home is that it enables you to control the alarms of your family members. This includes using music to set up a Spotify alarm clock. Use catchy Spotify songs as your alarm sound on Google Home by doing the following:
- Launch the Google Home app and head over to Settings.
- Next, scroll down to the services section. Select Music.
- From the following screen, choose a music service or the media library of your Android or Apple device.
- After selecting your music service, say, “Okay Google, set a music alarm.”
- Your Google assistant will reply with, “For when?”
- Say the time you want to set the alarm for.
- Now, say the song’s name, artist, and radio station.
- Google will confirm your alarm details, including the alarm sound.
You can customize the alarm songs for each of your family members. Personalized alarms on Google Home make setting up a Spotify alarm clock so exciting.
Note: You can turn off any alarm on Google Home by saying Stop. This saves you from the hassle of going through the entire process, starting with “Hello Google.”
Part 2. Set Spotify Songs as Alarm on iPhone
Setting up alarms on third-party apps can be confusing and costly. However, there’s a free solution too. You can use Spotify as alarm on iPhone for free using the Morning Music Alarm Clock Up app.
- A connected Spotify premium account
- An internet connection to sync the app with Spotify and load the songs
- iOS 13.0 or later
Morning Music Alarm Clock Up is the perfect app for users who like to wake up to the sound of music. The app has a simple interface, and you can use all the songs on Spotify as alarm sounds. If in case you have no access to an internet connection, you can use your offline songs. In addition, the app takes it a step further by offering sleep aid features like white noise or ASRM sounds.
To use Morning Music Alarm Clock Up, follow the instructions below:
- Download Morning Music Alarm Clock Up from AppStore.
- Open the app and go to the Alarm Sound section.
- From there, scroll through your Spotify playlists and select any song as your alarm tone.
- Lastly, tap the Back button and save the changes.
You can set multiple alarms with different songs from Spotify on Morning Music Alarm Clock Up. Plus, you will not encounter any bugs or glitches since the developers frequently send updates to further optimize the app.
Part 3. Use Spotify Songs as an Alarm on Android Phones
There are various Android devices with different user interfaces. This includes the Stock Android, the One UI, the Color OS, the MI UI, and more. As a result, the default settings will vary slightly.
So, how to set Spotify songs as alarms on Android? Here are the most popular, common, and easy ways to create your own Spotify alarm clock.
3.1. Set Spotify as Alarm with Google Clock App
If you have a Spotify premium account, you can easily sync it with the Google clock app on your Android device. This is a popular choice since the Google clock is highly optimized to ensure no synchronization issues between the two apps. It is the most efficient and common way to keep track of time and alarms on Android devices.
To use Spotify alarm on Android, do the following:
- Download the Google Clock app on your Android smartphone.
- Open the Google Clock app and tap on the Alarms icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the alarm you want to customize. Then, tap on the Alarm Sounds bell icon.
- Under the Alarm Sounds text, you will see a line of options of music service apps connected to your Google account.
- Scroll to the right and tap on Spotify.
- Lastly, tap on the search bar and type the name of the song you want to set as your alarm tone. Afterward, select it from the list of song results.
Note: To connect Spotify to your Google clock app, you need to make sure you are using the Google account you used to sign up for Spotify.
3.2. Set Spotify as Alarm with Samsung Clock
If you use a Samsung smartphone, you can use Spotify songs as alarm tones. The process is straightforward and can be carried out using the Samsung clock app. Besides telling the accurate time with respect to the different time zones, the Samsung clock enables you to customize your alarm settings.
To prepare a Spotify alarm on Android using the Samsung clock, follow the instructions below:
- Open the Samsung Clock app and tap on the Alarm button at the bottom of the screen.
- Select an existing alarm or tap on the Add icon to customize the alarm.
- Next, go to Alarm Sound > Spotify.
- Now scroll through your playlists or search for a new song from the following interface.
- Once you select the song, tap the Back icon and tap Save to confirm the changes.
Spotify is compatible with the Samsung clock, so you should not face any issues while setting it up. However, if you cannot locate a particular song, relaunch the Spotify app and play that song, then go back to the alarm settings. The song you just played will appear under the Recents section.
Part 4. Set Spotify as Alarm on Google Home
Google Home is that helping hand that enables you to manage all the smart products in your house. Starting with making announcements on speakers to setting alarms for family members, Google Home streamlines your entire workflow. Moreover, if your Spotify premium account is linked to your Google account, you can set music alarms just by dictating orders.
Note: Before you select a song, you need to add Spotify to the Google Home app. That way, Google Home can carry out your command more effectively.
All you have to do to set a musical alarm is the following:
- Say “Okay Google” to activate your Google voice assistant.
- Then dictate, “Set <song or artist’s name> music alarm for <time>.”
To set a recurring alarm, tell Google assistant to repeat the alarm every day.
Part 5. Set Spotify Alarm on Sonos
When it comes to handiness, wireless speakers top the list. Their portability makes listening to music and podcasts more convenient.
One of the best wireless speakers is Sonos. Sonos speakers are finely tuned to give the perfect audio experience, so they can also be used as a central sound system for your office or home. Additionally, they have long battery lives and are very useful as alarm clocks since you can set Spotify as an alarm or reminder on Sonos.
To do that, follow the instructions below:
- Open the Sonos app, then the Rooms tab.
- Next, tap the Alarm icon.
- Here you can select an existing alarm or create a new alarm. Once you set the time, location, and repeat settings, tap on Music.
- From the Music section, select Spotify. Then, scroll down to a song of your choice or search for it. After finalizing the song, tap the Back icon and tap Done.
The Spotify song you selected will play when the alarm gets activated on Sonos. You can also customize the alarms for the rest of the rooms in your house using the Sonos app.
Part 6. Set Spotify as Alarm on Amazon Echo
Amazon Echo is a smart speaker with the Amazon virtual assistant, Alexa, configured into it. It is designed to do more than just play music. Using this smart speaker, you can get updates on your social media apps, set reminders, manage other smart home products, and more.
Note: Before you proceed with the steps below, add Spotify to the Amazon Echo app through the settings. This way, Amazon Echo can use Spotify as a music service to carry out your alarm.
Furthermore, when it comes to alarms, you can select music from Spotify as your alarm tone. So if you want to use Spotify as an alarm, follow the steps below:
- First, be within the audible range of your Amazon Echo.
- Now say, “Alexa set an alarm for <time> and play <song name>.”
- Alexa will confirm your alarm settings. If Alexa missed any of the details, repeat your instructions and wait for confirmation.
Once you verify that all the information is on point, you can relax. Amazon Echo will wake you up to the song of your choice. You can also select a Spotify playlist as your alarm tone on Amazon Echo.
Can I use Spotify as alarm on iPhone for free?
Yes, you can use Spotify as an alarm on your iPhone for free. All you need is a free Spotify subscription and the free version of a Spotify music downloader. Then you can download any song and select the downloaded audio file as your alarm sound.
How to set Spotify song as alarm on Android?
You can use a Spotify music downloader to save songs and use them as alarm sounds on your Android device. You can also use your Spotify premium account to directly use songs from the app as alarm tones.
To use the songs directly, you need to use the same Google account on Spotify and your smartphone. Spotify will sync with the alarm apps on your device like Google Clock, Samsung clock, and other apps connected to your Google account.
How to verify if Amazon Echo saved the correct Spotify song as my alarm?
After giving your instructions, Amazon Echo always repeats the task to verify. So, wait for the reiteration and check if Alexa is repeating the correct alarm settings. If not, repeat the alarm details using different words.
Waking up to the same old alarm sounds every day can be tiresome. Your mornings don’t have to be hectic if you are greeted by the right alarm tone. Thankfully, you can go beyond the default alarm sounds and use songs from Spotify. The process is quite simple, and you can do it on various devices.
We hope the tricks we discussed on setting up a Spotify alarm clock helped you personalize your alarm.